Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Irritation

Gas prices are going up. That stinks, but I don't really care. I try to be efficient in my gas use anyway, so I just don't look when I fill up and then focus on making my trips around town as efficient as possible. Bottom line is that it takes gas to make my burb move so no matter how much it costs, I'm gonna have to put gas in the car. Here's the irritation. I drive a big vehicle. It has a big gas tank. Gas prices are rising. The last two times I filled up the gas pump cut off at $100. Please note, the pump cut off on it's own - my tank was not full. I realize that is a shocking amount of $ on gas to some of you, but the burb has a 40 gallon tank. It takes a lot of gas. The closer gas prices get to $3/gallon, the less likely I am to be able to fill up my car if all the pumps are set to cut off at $100. I guess I'll just have to start filling up when it gets down to 1/4 tank or something. I'm just thinking that if youre going to raise gas prices, you need to adjust your pump govenors to let people with BIG cars and BIG tanks actually fill them up!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry that the pump cut off on you. I'm not sure that I want to be around or know how much it is going to cost to put gas in Eric's truck. I'm just thankful that I didn't talk Eric into a bigger SUV for me.

Irene said...

can't you put the pump back on the hanger thing and then pay again for the remainder. my cc used to cut of at $50 and that's how we would do it. it DOES stink though!