So after that amazing Thursday things have gotten pretty messy with the Sweet V. She had two #2 success on Friday at home plus a handful of nasty accidents. Saturday - no success and she left to go to my folks for the week. Mom has been diligent and kept her in panties, but I think she's about to give up....and I don't blame her. V has had not 1 single success since she left on Saturday. My poor mom has hardly even gotten to enjoy her visit because of all the focus on the potty. We are very confused.
She shows all these signs that she's ready. She stays dry through nap. She sometimes stays dry overnight. When she goes TT in her pull-up she takes it off and puts it in the trash. She tells us she needs to go potty - sometimes before, usually after shes's gone. She doesn't want to wear the pull-ups most of the time. She's had success on the potty. Yet we seem to be getting nowhere.
Here's the thing....I'm not sure she has figured out yet how to make herself pee. The 3 success she's had were late in the day and I think we just timed it right so that it was just coming out at the right time. She'll sit on the potty and try to poop then 5 minutes later pee a lake in the floor.
So now I have a dilemma. Do I persist in this endeavor or do we pack it in and wait until the Christmas break. I realize that I think in my head that we are behind schedule because Paris was in panties before she hit 2. Vivie is clearly not Paris. If we keep trying at this it wil be very burdensome and probably very confusing. Several days in the week she would have to wear a pull-up to attend the various activities she goes to. Tuesdays she has camp from 9:30-1:30, Wednesday is LBC which we could try in panties, but that's risky and then there is Bible class that night where they prefer that they come in pull-ups until they are truly trained. Thursdays she goes to Erika's all day and I promised I wouldn't send her in panties until she had 3 straight accident free days. So, we'd be left with Mondays, Fridays, evenings, and weekends - except church time on Sunday when we'd be back in the pull-up. So the questions remains, is it even worth trying to continue? I don't know the answer.
I keep reminding myself that if we pack it in and wait until Christmas she'll really only be 2 1/2 and probably more ready. I mean, really, it's not like she's heading to kindergarten tomorrow or anything. I just don't want to loose. I want to win this battle now. But at what cost - my sanity? my carpet? endless pairs of cute little panties? Would I really be giving her power by putting it up until Christmas? Would it make it harder in the long run? Or is it that she isn't really ready yet? I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!
Help - advice is officially being requested. Please leave me comments.