Friday, April 11, 2008

Bye Bye Beastie!

I had pretty much given up. I thought I was gonig to have to drive the big green burb for another year. But yesterday God rocked my world and allowed us to say bye-bye to our Beastie.

It always amazes me when God orchesrates things and it's so clear. He can take what seems like a very bad thing - like Easy's car dying on the side of the road - and turn it into a tremendous blessing. I'll spare you all the details because when I try to explain I get all excited and I'm not terribly coherent so I'll just give you the bottom line.

Easy's car - getting fixed thanks to some serious help from my amazing parents. We should get at least another year out of it with these repairs. I don't have big enough words to express my gratitude for their help.

My burb....traded in on a new-to-us minivan. That's right folks, I've become one of those moms! For those of you who have known me a long time you must realize how big that is. I swore up and down that I would NEVER drive a minivan. Well, life changes your mind sometimes. For the last 4 months I've been praying for a minivan. Yesterday God said yes. I'm now driving a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. It has those cool doors that just open and close with the push of a button and fold-n-go seating so all the seats can disappear into the floor. Not only did God arrange things so we could get a van, He got us THE can Iwas looking for. He is amazing and I am blessed so far beyond what I deserve.

So, on this Friday I hope you will all join in my joy as I embrace my minvan life and say Bye Bye Beastie!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

*Kel* said...

Woo-hoo!! That's awesome, Sara! I'm like you used to be- I will NEVER drive a minivan!! I'm good with my four boys in my gas-guzzling SUV! LOL!!!

erin said...

Well, my mom always drove a minivan so I just assumed I would - and I do. I'm with you - automatic sliding doors are pretty awesome when your hands are full. Anyway, congrats and enjoy!

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you! I love the van by the way. The color is so you! Enjoy and see you in the morning!

kara hartleib said...

Oh, that is wonderful! I'm excited for guys. :)

Lara said...

You crack me up!

Me said...

Fabulous! I'm happy you joined the crew of mini-van mommas! Did you know that with no kids in tow and all the seats folded down you can get two (that's right TWO) office credenzas stuffed in the back of a mini van! :) AHHHHH, isn't life just grand!