Monday, May 05, 2008

Hmmmm........

what to post about.........

Perhaps I could tell you that when you lock your keys in the car with your 2 year old inside that Pop-a-Lock calls the fired department and they show up in a big red fire truck to rescue you.

Or maybe you'd like to know that when your 5 year old daughter thinks it would be fun to throw a kiwi-sized stone straight up into the air, luck would have it that it will land on your 2 year old daughters head......at a neighbors house.......where you've never been before......and the entire neighborhood is there for a social thing.

Maybe I should tell you that Easy is SWAMPED at work and that even though job security is a good thing, I'm feeling a bit like a single parent some days.

Or maybe I should tell you that while I'm sitting here sipping my french vanilla coffee my sweet Little Bug is pulling all of my swiffer products out of their boxes beause she thinks they are lovies - and she can easily get to them because after nearly two years in our house we still have no cabinet doors.

Instead of all that - I think I really want to say that life is crazy, but God is good. Happy Monday friends!

4 comments:

hilary hope said...

i have experienced the pop-a-lock situation...i think my story would beat yours as far as embarrassment goes. emily foust used to live upstairs from us (that's blaine lenard's mom, he's in aidan's class at sss) anyway she called me because her car had broken down on texas and holleman and she couldn't push it alone and had blaine. so i brought our neighbor's husband to push and myself to keep blaine. emily and mark (the neighbors husband) pushed it around the corner so i just had aidan and blaine and hung out in my car. well i got out for a reason i can't remember and got aidan out and went around to get blaine out. well somehow blaine locked himself in the car...but i had aidan. my cellphone, keys, everything were in the car. so emily comes back and i explained to her that her son was locked in my car, but i was holding my own son. so of course we call pop-a-lock who in turn calls the fire dept. and an ambulance to check blaine out because it was such a hot day...they did it all for free but it was pretty horrible. just thought it'd make you laugh :) emily forgave me and i haven't locked a child in a car since...

Irene said...

(i know it's not really funny but ...)That is so funny! Philip and I were just talking about our sweet friends last night. Philip said, "I wonder if ever DID get those cabinet doors on." I guess now we know. :D LOVE YOU! hang in there!

Paul Fagala said...

I have two words for you - "Eatin' Doritos!" There! I knew that would make you smile!

january embers said...

OK, "Eatin' Doritos!" made me laugh... but I have no idea why! Was that from camp?

Pop-A-Lock can be greatness, but I guess not so much when they are making a spectacle of your already stressful situation! They saved Paul and I from embarassment and perhaps a pair of cats from starvation when we lived in Abilene. We were cat-sitting for friends on vacation and locked the keys they had given us in their house. Yeah.... It was interesting trying to explain to the nice man from Pop-A-Lock why we wanted him to break us into a house that wasn't ours....

Oh, also - I saw you in a pic on Jenny's "thewims" blog - you look SO much like your Mama Nell! And that is TOTALLY a compliment!