Thursday, February 09, 2006

MOM

I got a great present today. When I picked Paris up from school she hurried to her cubby to get out a little envelope. She happily brought it to me and proclaimed that she made it to "make me feel better." I guess she picked up on the fact that I'm fighting off a cold that makes me feel less than stellar. Anyway, I looked down and in perfectly beautiful brown crayon was the word "MOM" written in her very own handwriting. I teared up. Her teacher (a substitute today) told me that she came and asked if she could have some help. After Miss Johnnie showed her how, Paris wrote "MOM" on the envelope for me. She filled it with old valentines that she had cut up into pieces. Apparently cutting is one of her favorite things to do at school. The envelope even had a few slices in it. Truth is, I didn't care what was inside. All that matters to me is that my sweet 3 year old daughter was thinking of me and wanted me to feel better. She wrote "MOM." That's me. I'm "MOM," and today I was reminded of what a wonderful thing that is to be. Thank you Paris. Now, SIT ON YOUR BOTTOM AND FINISH YOUR DINNER!!!

No comments: