Thursday, December 15, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Well, I'm headed out of town tomorrow and won't be home until after Christmas so I thought I should post one last time before my brief break.

It's been a better week than last. Still full of challenges, but most didn't involve fevers and puking so I'm counting it as an improvement. Easy and I did get the stomach bug over the weekend, but it was short in duration and all are fine now.

Monday morning my Nana fell and broke her hip. She was taking food to a friend that just had knee replacement surgery when it happened. She has already had surgery to repair the break (a plate and pin) and is doing fantastic. I hope my attitude staye as awesome as hers when I'm in my 80's! Mom is there now and I'm going with the kids on Monday to help make sure Mom is taking care of herself and not just Nana!

Paris finished school for the semester. I think her most amazing accomplishment this term is that she can now write her name!! It was a wonderful surprise to get a homemade ornament from her all wrapped in a package that she had signed herself. I am so proud. She has had fun signing Christmas presents here at home now that I know she can do it. She had a busy day of playing an dwrapping yesterday and finally fell asleep in the middle of the living room floor at about 6:45pm. I was shocked that she slept until 7:00 this morning, but I definitely took advantage and got a few extra zzz's.

Tripp is doing well. Ear infection seems to be gone and he is just happy to be playing everyday. As long as I remember to give him milk, feed him, and keep him in clean diapers he is a very happy little boy.

Easy and I are pleased to say that the bank finally has everything they need to put our construction loan through. We are waiting for the title company to gets us on the schedule, but it looks like next week is REALLY the week it will happen. I'll take that as a Christmas present and be glad when construction starts on January 2nd! Of course, that really only leaves 3 1/2 months to get the house done, so every "spare" minute Easy has will be spent working on it. I am fully prepared at this point to bring little Vivian home here and move a few weeks later. Easy keeps telling me it can be done, but I've been married to a construction man long enough to know better than to count on that kind of a schedule.

Well, I think that's all the update I have. I'm headed to Baytown tomorrow. Easy's company Christmas party is Saturday night so the kids will be playing with Uncle Matt and Aunt Kara. Paris counts this as a HUGE treat and is very excited. It should be a nice weekend, and probably the last I will have for a while with my little family actually spending time together so I'm going to cherish it.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope that peace, joy , and love abound during your holiday season. Travel safe and I'll see you back in the blog world when it's all over!

No comments: